Monday, February 20, 2012

Linked Server to Excel Issue

I am using a linked server to connect SQL Server to an Excel Spreadsheet on
the network. If I'm physically on the SQL Server box I can open the linked
server and see the named range on the desired spreadsheet. Also If I'm on
the SQL Server box I can query the spreadsheet using OPENQUERY and everythin
g
comes across beautifully.
However, if I connect to the SQL Server box from a different location (via
Enterprise Manager) and try to run a query using the OPENQUERY and linked
server in question. I keep getting the dreaded "error 7399: blah, blah,
blah".
Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance,
RaulYour proxy account does not have access to network resources.
See this article for more info:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d.../>
sz_8sdm.asp
-oj
"Raul" <raul@.nothere.com> wrote in message
news:6AD242AB-BD43-49B2-AC3D-119EC788CF91@.microsoft.com...
>I am using a linked server to connect SQL Server to an Excel Spreadsheet on
> the network. If I'm physically on the SQL Server box I can open the
> linked
> server and see the named range on the desired spreadsheet. Also If I'm on
> the SQL Server box I can query the spreadsheet using OPENQUERY and
> everything
> comes across beautifully.
> However, if I connect to the SQL Server box from a different location (via
> Enterprise Manager) and try to run a query using the OPENQUERY and linked
> server in question. I keep getting the dreaded "error 7399: blah, blah,
> blah".
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks in advance,
> Raul|||Thanks,
Raul
"oj" wrote:

> Your proxy account does not have access to network resources.
> See this article for more info:
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...
a-sz_8sdm.asp
>
> --
> -oj
>
> "Raul" <raul@.nothere.com> wrote in message
> news:6AD242AB-BD43-49B2-AC3D-119EC788CF91@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment