Monday, February 20, 2012

Linked server to DB2

Hi all. I have tried everything I know (which isn't much) and I am
all out of ideas.
I am trying to create a linked server from SQL Server 2000 to a DB2
server. I am using IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2 and I get the
following error:
Error 7330: OLE DB Provider 'IBMDADB2' reported an error.
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'IBMDADB2'
IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ]
All my research has led me nowhere. I have another instance of SQL
Server 2000 on another machine and creating a linked server there
with the same provider worked fine. Where could I be going wrong?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will be more than happy to
provide more info if you need it.
Thanks in advance.Hi
I have never tried doing this but googling turned up this article
http://www.windowsitpro.com/SQLServ...7639/37639.html
which may/may not help you. As one system works you may want to see what is
different, e.g things to check such as MDAC versions, MDAC is installed
correctly, security/domains/trusts...
John
"svenpurple7" wrote:

> Hi all. I have tried everything I know (which isn't much) and I am
> all out of ideas.
> I am trying to create a linked server from SQL Server 2000 to a DB2
> server. I am using IBM OLE DB Provider for DB2 and I get the
> following error:
> Error 7330: OLE DB Provider 'IBMDADB2' reported an error.
> OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'IBMDADB2'
> IDBInitialize::Initialize returned 0x80004005: ]
> All my research has led me nowhere. I have another instance of SQL
> Server 2000 on another machine and creating a linked server there
> with the same provider worked fine. Where could I be going wrong?
> Any help will be greatly appreciated. I will be more than happy to
> provide more info if you need it.
> Thanks in advance.
>|||Thanks for the reply John.
The two instances of SQL Server are identical. The only difference is
in operating systems. The one that doesn't work is Windows 2003
server and the one that does work is Windows 2000 server.
I'll take a look at the linkyou sent.
Thanks again.|||Hi
Windows 2003 has more secure default settings therefore you may need to
enable something such as a service or port that is on by default in Windows
2000.
John
"svenpurple7" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply John.
> The two instances of SQL Server are identical. The only difference is
> in operating systems. The one that doesn't work is Windows 2003
> server and the one that does work is Windows 2000 server.
> I'll take a look at the linkyou sent.
> Thanks again.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment